I got the same call and I ended up giving them the money now I am getting calls for the same bill by a different person boy did I get screwed what can I do to get my money back

Had an Experience with Simm Associates?

Write a review


Terms of Service
Post Comment
Maple Shade Township, New Jersey, United States #933805

As an ex-employee I know there are some aggressive and rude collectors that are a nightmare for any consumer to deal with.But, I also know that even collectors who actually try to treat consumers with some dignity and set up a reasonable payment arrangement are bound by a lot of constraints, and it is their duty to assess your situation by asking some very personal questions.

I don't know your exact circumstances, and I really hate to defend them, but ultimately, you have not been screwed by Simm Associates. They did not cause the unfortunate circumstances that is the reason you fell behind on your bill, they did not extend you the credit nor do they have any influence over the loan terms that you agreed to, like horrendous interest rates and fees; your creditor actually dictates what they are allowed to accept when setting up a payment arrangement with you.

That said, it is possible that the collector made an error when taking your payment, there was a system problem that does not reflect record of your payment with the creditor, or the creditor could even be trying to collect on a resolved debt with or without intent. You need to locate your records of payments you made, such as a bank statements, receipts from money orders or Western Union/ Moneygram.

You will need to get copies of this documentation to the "owner" of the debt, which may be the original creditor or a debt buying company like NCO. If you are unsure, and do not have any letters...

They probably can't/won't put you in contact with the debt owner, but all you need is the name and you can find the number online.Once you have gotten proof of your payment to the owner of the debt, get something in writing stating that the balance is resolved and you have no further obligation, and keep it with all your important paperwork.

Show more
to seesbothsides Austin, Texas, United States #971499

Above poster needs to brush up on his fdcpa.If they took the money under the pretense of paying off a legitimate debt they are now responsible for the debt to be correctly marked as paid.

File a dispute with the Credit Reporting Agencies and send them the receipt as well as file a complain against the collection agency.He might have taken the money from the original creditor but the agency took on the debt and are legally responsible that information remains accurate.

You May Also Like

State Investigation Department - Review in Collection Agencies category from Baltimore, Maryland State Investigation Department "I just received this email from Ronnie Wilson. I told him that I did a online search and it resulted in him hanging up on me. I called back and..." Read more Franklin Collection Service - Review in Collection Agencies category from Columbus, Ohio Franklin Collection Service "Just needed to expose the *** who thinks it's okay to cuss out people in debt and make them feel worst about themselves. Had to look her up so I..." Read more Simm Associates - Suspected Scam Simm Associates "I rec'd a call from an extremely rude woman, Lisa Wallace, who refused to verify what she was trying to collect saying I would be charged $ if she sent..." Read more Hunter Warfield - Total *** Bag Company Hunter Warfield "I was having a dispute with my apartment complex and broke my lease due to health concerns. A few months later I was contacted by this so called legitimate company...." Read more Century Communities Refusal to Fix Their Issue Century Communities "My wife and I bought a home in the Reserve at Bay Creek in Loganville Georgia on January 20, 2016. Almost immediately (January 22, 2016) we started noticing water stains..." Read more Rooms to Go Customer Service for Delivery Rooms To Go "Two years ago I bought a leather bonded sleeper sofa from Rooms to Go. Since then the leather gradually began to strip off the sofa. In early July I went..." Read more Helzberg Diamonds - Scamed Helzberg Diamonds "In April i bought my fiancee an engament ring from Helzberg. Its 14k white gold diamonds and blue sapphires. It after taxes was $3064.00 i lost my job do to..." Read more Don't use Tradesy. Tradesy "I purchased a piece of luggage from EEG Closet on Tradesy and boy was I fooled... The luggage description said that it was gently used and had two scuff marks...." Read more