They were collecting a debt of over $500 from me.I wanted to do the right thing and pay them so we set up a payment plan where I would pay them $50 per month and they agreed to lower the debt to $400 if I made an immediate payment with my debit card.

BIG MISTAKE. Never give these crooks any of your bank account information. They took the $50 that we agreed on and then in two weeks they took the remainder ($350). This cause my account to go negative causing me fees and also prevented me from paying bills on line.

So basically, by trying to do the right thing to help my credit, ended up hurting me, because I missed 2 bills that month and haven’t been able to get caught up. I’m sure these people have plenty of money every paycheck.

Those of us who make an HONEST living are finding it hard to make ends meet.

Review about: Simm Associates Debt Collection.

Had an Experience with Simm Associates?

Comments

Also, most of these collection agencies are collecting on a "ZOMBIE DEBT"...

=> zombie debt

Web definitions

Phantom debt or zombie debt is a debt that is old, defaulted, or not owed and is somehow haunting the presumed debtor.

It generally refers to debt that is more than 3 years old, is long forgotten about or belonged to someone else- like someone with the same name or a deceased parent....

Check out the Forbes report done on this: http://www.forbes.com/2008/10/31/debt-creditors-default-pf-education-in_af_1031investopedia_inl.html

Never pay a date over the phone. You ask them send you a letter and you investigate as to the validity of the debt. There are WAY too many scam debt-collectors.

to Anonymous Roseland, New Jersey, United States #796915

I know. I feel so ***, but at least I will only make that mistake once.